Christmas was pretty uneventful at the Cauley house. We did what we do every day - feed babies, wash bottles, and do laundry. New Year's was equally uneventful - this was probably the first year that I was actually awake at midnight because I was holding a crying baby. Nothing else I would rather have been doing though - expect maybe rolling over and telling my husband to go hold the crying baby :)
The babies are all still doing really well. Alex has been having some problems with reflux but we got him some medicine which seems to be helping. Ella went to the cardiologist this week for a small heart murmur. It does not look like anything to be concerned about but they are doing some more tests and we go back in a few weeks for a follow up.
The babies are getting so big now! Helen is about 7 pounds, Alex is 6 and a half pounds, and Ella is almost 6 pounds. They are the size of full term babies now and are still not supposed to be born for another week. Helen has outgrown all of her premie clothes and is in regular size baby clothes now. Everyone always says that they grow up so fast and it is hard to believe that they have already gotten so big. Although, since it seems like all we do is feed them non stop I would be worried if they weren't growing.
I have been doing pretty well. I got very attached to my 10 hours of sleep a night when I was pregnant and while I love the newfound freedom that comes with being 50 pounds lighter, adjusting to a lack of sleep is a hard adjustment to make. We have a nanny that comes at night several nights a week and I try to catch up on sleep when she is here but the other nights I try not to count how many hours I am actually sleeping. Otherwise, everything is going great.
Cecil should be reaching his final destination very soon. He is very eager to get there and get settled. Being in transit for two weeks has been rough - not to mention that he is having to adjust to the cold and snow. I've been asking him lots of questions about where he is and trying to picture the kinds of places he has been in. He is hoping to be able to send some pictures home soon. As soon as we confirm his address, I'll also post a wish list for him in case anyone is inclined to send an American goody box to him. I know he would appreciate it!
No comments:
Post a Comment