Once again our plans for this weekend got changed at the last minute. We were planning to go to Panama City Beach for the weekend and watch several of our good friends race in Ironman Florida (I've done the race once and Cecil has done it three times so it has a special place in our hearts - it is a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run. It is a huge undertaking so we wanted to be there to give our support for our friends). Early in the week Ella started getting the sniffles and it got worse as the week went on. I took her to the doctor on Thursday and it looked to be a bad cold. We decided not to try to travel with one sick kid and most likely another two on the way. Sure enough, by Saturday, Alex and Helen were sneezing and had runny noses too. Three babies are a blessing but when they are all three sick at the same time, it is hard to remember that!
Less than one month to go until their first birthday. I keep thinking back to a year ago at this time and what life was like then. Cecil was already in Kansas at Ft. Riley and my friend Chace had moved in with me to keep an eye on me. I was pretty much homebound except for going to the doctor. I was 7 months pregnant but measured like I was ready to pop at any moment. Last Halloween I managed to sit on the front porch and hand out candy for about half an hour before I was too tired to sit any longer. And even though it was about 70 degrees outside, I was sweating and needed my nice cool climate controlled house. Cecil and I thought how fun it would be to paint a big pumpkin on my belly and plant me on the front porch for Halloween. But when the day actually rolled around, just the thought of getting the paint from the store was exhausting. I'm pretty sure I was in bed by 8:00 on Halloween last year :)
This year we took the kids around the neighborhood for their first Halloween. I think they all were adorable but there is something about Alex in that cape that puts me over the top. The kids were a little disappointed that more people did not give out Cheerios, but they certainly got a lot of attention on the couple of streets we went down. Next year will be even more fun when we can teach them how to say trick or treat.
1 comment:
Hi Laura:
It was Great going thru all the photos that you have, Cant believe how those precious childern have grown, I think about you guys everytime I head your parents way and wonder how you all are doing, Well hope all is well and the kids get feeling better,see I needed to be there helping you!!!enjoy your warm weather cause Its COLD HERE!!!
Happy Birthday To the most beautiful Triplets I have ever seen!!!
Cate
Post a Comment