
Ella is "walking"!!!! She cannot walk by herself yet but I came home from work one day this week to find out that she had figured out how to push her little cart back and forth across the room. And I can hold her hands and she'll walk across the room. Looks like she will be the first walker, but I'm still not encouraging it!

This weekend we went up to Cecil's grandmother's in Georgia for a visit. With no baby gates and lots of fun stuff that is usually out of reach, the kids had a great time (and kept daddy and I constantly running from one imminent disaster to another). Here's Alex playing under the table with the chairs.

Daddy and Helen

Grandmother reading a book to Ella

Back home, the three starving children crying at the gate to be fed (the last feeding of the day is always a rough one - very little patience left by then)

Happy Alex

Daddy and Helen snuggled up

"Hey Ella, are you going to finish that bottle??" Alex hovers waiting to see if there might be some leftovers he can snatch up.

The girls, Ella and Helen, have to be right up in front of the TV when they watch Baby Einstein. I'm constantly pulling them back to a decent distance and trying to hold them down to keep them there.

Not Alex, I can plant him down and put on Baby Einstein and he does not budge.

Grandmother and Ella on the porch swing
It has been a busy week with lots going on for us. It was really nice to get away to Georgia for a few days and relax. The kids did great on the trip and had lots of fun destroying, um, exploring a new house. Now we are getting ready for Thanksgiving - Grandma and Grandpa are coming down from Ohio - and our big 1st birthday on Saturday!! I ordered the cake from the grocery store this week and asked if they still did a free cake for the first birthday. She said sure, then I asked if they could do THREE free cakes. She just looked at me and then said, "You have TRIPLETS??" She kept going on and on about how amazing that is and asking to see pictures. Then she starts annoucing that I have triplets to the other people waiting in line and to the other employees. It was a little embarrassing...but I did get three free 1st birthday cakes :) I'm anxious to see what the kids do with them next weekend. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I know we have an enormous amount to be thankful for this year.
1 comment:
Laura,
I work with April and Mrs. Wanda. I have been keeping up with you since you have started the blog. It is fun to read and see what is going on with them. I have 2 kids ages 8 and 3. I couldn't imagine having 3 the same age. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and don't let April and Mrs. Wanda spoil them to much when they are there.
Donna Burkhalter
Post a Comment