Monday, September 22, 2008

Mommy goes away again

I tried "swimming" with them by myself. Everything went fine until they all decided to evacuate the pool at the same time

Baby Einstein still has its mesmerizing effects

Helen evens laughs at it now

Another attempt at swimming but this time with an extra set of hands

Alex is so regal

"I'm not sure how I got in here....and I'm not so sure I want to get out. I don't think Ella and Helen have figured out where I am yet...." -- Alex

What's the point of eating squash if we can't smear it around a little bit?

Go Gators!! Ella, Alex, and Helen wearing their new Gator shirts

Helen can't be expected to sit still for too long without trying out this climbing surface

Thursday I went in to get Ella up from her nap and was stopped in my tracks when she was standing up in her crib for the first time!

Ella is still trying to clear the top of the coffee table

"Mom, you are not seriously going to leave us, are you?" Helen right before I had to leave to go to Chicago this weekend

There may be a million toys out, but inevitably everyone fights over the same one

"Hey, did you guys know this fence moves???" -- Helen

My friend Jean watched them while I was gone. And she introduced them to Barney :)

The kids "helped" put up the welcome home sign for Daddy - who comes home this week!

Helen wants to wear the rope as a crown

Alex just likes chewing on it

Ella thinks it tastes pretty good too

Our sign is all ready for Daddy!

"Look, whatever it is, it wasn't me!"

Jean with Alex, Ella, and Helen

Jean and her godson Alex

I went to Chicago to be in one of my best friend's wedding. Here I am with the beautiful bride, Robyn.

The bride and bridesmaids (I'm in the back row, just behind Robyn's right shoulder)

Robyn and me

A law school friend, Emily, and me

Another law school friend, Jean, and me

As always, it was hard to leave the kids but I had a great time in Chicago seeing my friends and hanging out with the girls. It was exhausting too but I was very lucky to have wonderful help taking care of the kids for me. Stay posted - pictures of Cecil coming home are coming soon!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you this weekend! I know that you and Cecil are enjoying the time together as a family finally - I am so glad he is home safe and sound. The kiddos get cuter every day, seriously. I hope our paths will cross again soon.