Helen in her bunny hat is ready to go to church with Grandma. She was a perfect angel in church and even got to go out to breakfast with everyone afterwards. It was kind of lonely for me staying home with only two babies!
Ella is fascinated with her new friends
Ella is all snuggly after her bath
Ella getting her bath in the kitchen sink
Helen
Alex is a happy, smiley boy
Happy Alex
"OK, Helen, here's the plan. I'll start crying and when mom gets me to stop, you start. And then when you stop, I'll start. But remember, we don't start until 2:00 AM...."
This week we got to experience two of the wonderful joys of being in Ohio. On Tuesday, we got a nice ice storm that was so bad the night nanny could not come. When that melted, we got another storm on Friday that is supposed to dump about 12 inches on us. So forget any plans we had for this weekend!
The second joy was that I got a nice Ohio cold. I should consider myself lucky because I don't think I was sick at all while I was pregnant and I have not been sick since they were born. But my cold meant that I was banned from touching babies. So for a couple of days I had to completely rely on our wonderful help to take care of them. Thankfully, none of them seem to have gotten sick too so that is a blessing. I'm feeling much better now and hope that this is the last of being sick for awhile.
In case there was ever any doubt, I am definitely going back to Florida to stay! This weekend is the annual River Run in Jacksonville - a 15K run through the city that I have done every year since I have lived there. I find it ironic that not only will I not be doing the race this year, but instead I am watching 12 inches of snow accumulate outside our windows! I hope the babies remember what snow is like because it will be a long time before they see it again.
Everyone is continuing to do wonderfully. Helen has even managed to sleep through the night a few times. Inevitably though, on the nights she sleeps long, Ella does not. But they are slowly getting the hang of things. They are eating more, growing, playing, smiling, laughing, and cooing. Overall, they seem to be healthy and happy babies. Let's hope the trend continues!


No comments:
Post a Comment