Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Meeting the Cousins

On Sunday, we went up to Cleveland to see my brother and his family. This was the first meeting of the Boeckman cousins. It only took a couple hours of prep work to get everything packed and everyone changed and fed to get on the road. Before we left, we had to get a couple of pictures of everyone all cleaned up. Here I am with Ella, Alex, and Helen.


Ella, Alex, and Helen

My niece Caroline had a basketball game so we all went.
Here is Aunt Alison and Matthew at the game.

Andrew is protecting the babies from any stray basketballs.
This was the babies' first official public outing other than going to the doctor. Needless to say, I was a little nervous about people touching them. I did not have to take anyone out for trying to touch one but we did attract a lot of attention. One woman saw us carrying two of the babies and said "Oh, twins?" And then my brother walked up with the third and I said, "No, triplets." Her face did not conceal her shock well. I think this was a small taste of what outings are going to be like in the future with three kids in tow. There will be no such thing as a quick trip to the store with triplets.

Here is Caroline warming up for the big game.

Caroline is playing excellent defense.

Caroline is feeding Ella.

Andrew is playing with Alex.

The cousins: Matthew, Andrew, Caroline, Alex, Helen, and Ella.

Aunt Alison and Alex

No comments: