Alex "Trouble is my Middle Name" Cauley - he's practicing his mean look for when he has to fight off his sisters when he gets older
Ella in her ready to fight/ boxer mode
Helen asleep in her swing - she will sleep in this thing by the hour during the day. She'll only sleep for 3 hours at a time at night in her crib, but put her in the swing, and she's out like a light.
"Look Daddy, I'm going to be a surfer!"
Alex on his surfboard tummy mat.
A rare moment when Helen is asleep in something other than her swing.
(Thanks Jean, this is one of Sarah's!)
Ella is fascinated with the birds going around the top of the swing (Helen shared her swing only under great protest)It has been another great week in triplet land. Alex went to the doctor on Monday to get his weight checked to make sure he is doing OK with the thickener. He is doing great. He gained almost a pound in two weeks and is now 9 pounds 8 ounces. Everyone is getting bigger. We've started putting Helen in her 3-6 month clothes because the 0-3 months are getting a little snug. Ella is just transitioning from her newborn clothes into the 0-3 months. She is definitely going to be our little peanut. Looks like we may be able to do hand me downs from Helen to Ella after all.
Cecil is still doing well. He said it has warmed up a little - it's in the teens and twenties now! He's also spending his spare time trying to catch the mice in his office. Sometime during this year, he will get two weeks of leave. He requested to have his leave in April so hopefully we will get to see him soon. He won't know until a few days before he leaves when he will be home so we will just anxiously await his arrival whenever that is. Two weeks should be plenty of time for him to get his fill of changing diapers and midnight feedings!!
I've gotten bitten by the bug again - the triathlon bug. I saw an advertisement for a triathlon this summer here in Ohio. I thought I would be doing well just to survive this year but I saw the distances for the race and realized that there is no reason why I should not be able to do it. I have been getting to the gym almost every day (it is my hour of mommy time!) so I should be relatively in shape for it. And my good friend Freddy (good ole Freddy!) offered to pack up my bike and ship it to me. So as soon as the snow melts, I'll take it out and see if I can still remember how to ride with clips. It has been almost a year since I've been on it. The race in June is really short and should not be that hard. It's fun because it gives me something to work towards. The real question is whether I will be organized enough to get myself there and my three kids so that they can see mommy cross the finish line!
This weekend we are planning to go up to Cleveland to visit my brother and his family. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and the triplets will get to meet their cousins. There should be some good pictures there!



No comments:
Post a Comment