Monday, October 26, 2009

Has it been two months?

Intermission at Sesame Street Live - we have a few Elmo books so the kids had an idea of who Elmo was, but they still sat frozen and wide eyed for the first 20 minutes trying to figure out what all those fuzzy animals were doing on the stage singing and dancing. Then they recognized Elmo and started dancing and clapping. They had a really good time and have a new found love for Elmo and Coo-coo (i.e. Cookie Monster).

Alex at intermission

Our wonderful nanny Heather who went with us since Cecil had to work

The first weekend in October we went up to Hilton Head for a family wedding. The wedding was on Sunday afternoon so right after the reception we loaded in the car (a bunch of sticky sandy kids) and drove home. They fell asleep in the car and Ella was the first one out.
On Saturday morning of this weekend, I did an Olympic distance triathon (.9 mile swim, 25 mile bike, and 6.2 mile run). It was the longest race I have done since the kids were born. Thankfully the weather really cooled off (in the 70s) which made it bearable. Cecil went to the race with me and April stayed home with the kids. It was a good race but I am definitely not in the shape I used to be. As soon as the race was over, I went home, showered, and then loaded everyone in the car for the trip to Hilton Head. April went with me (bless her!) since Cecil had to work. I cannot decide if I am Super Mom or just super crazy.

At the wedding - it was on the beach and beautiful. I am pretty sure these are federally protected sand dunes that Ella is rolling around on.

Alex is hanging out

Ella, Alex, and Helen - my precious babies!

Ella playing chase on the beach

Ella got Aunt Wanda to chase after her

Our nanny Heather is having a baby in December. We were invited to her baby shower and I decided to bring Ella. I will share with you my selection process since people often ask me how I decide who I will take where. Cecil had to work that weekend so I knew it would be impossible to find someone to watch all three kids. Two is the most I have gotten anyone to agree to take. So then I had to decide if I wanted to make it easy on me or easy on the person watching the kids. My dear dear friend Chace agreed to watch two of them for me. The easiest for her would be to take Ella and Helen - they get along the best and were least likely to be anxious about being left with someone. But I did not think Alex would like going to a baby shower. And I knew he would be really shy. I could have easily taken Helen - she would have been fine at the shower but Ella and Alex tend to fight more. Helen and Alex don't fight (or bite each other) as much so I decided to bring Ella to the shower (who I knew would have no problem being social) and leave Alex and Helen with Chace. Everyone did great! Ella was in seventh heaven as the only kid at the shower, and I really enjoyed getting to spend some one on one time with her. And Alex and Helen did great with Chace. She said they were very easy and had a great time. It was cute when Ella and I walked in to pick up Helen and Alex. Ella walked in and saw them and got a big smile on her face and ran to greet them. How cute!

Random picture of naked Ella with a bowl on her head

Helen with her hair in two ponytails

Ella feeding Alex

It was a great game - until Ella realized all of her food was gone.

Hello potty training! Ella sits on the potty and everyone gathers in the bathroom with her for moral support (actually they just want to fight for the chance to flush)

Helen first waking up in the morning (I had planned to document a day in the life of triplets but these were the only pictures I actually took all day)

Ella is still waking up

Alex is all smiles and ready to go

Bath time for Helen!

Alex

Ella

The classic bath picture - Ella, Helen, and Alex

Ella practices her float

School has taught them to sit nicely in a circle to listen to books - here is Heather reading to them

One night while I was making dinner Ella very quiet and occupied sitting on the kitchen floor. Since she was not demanding any attention, I did not pay much attention to her until dinner was ready. Then I discovered that she had found a sheet of stickers and covered herself with them.

Ella is practicing her jumping

We had to go pick out our pumpkins for Halloween. Here's Helen

Ella tries to pick up the biggest one she can find

Alex found one he likes

It was time for another hair cut. We had to bribe Alex with two suckers to get him to sit still.

Helen sat quietly for her hair cut - she still does not have much hair but it was getting into her eyes. So she now has the standard toddler bowl cut - let's hope the back grows out soon.

Grandma and Grandpa came for a visit - here's Grandpa reading to Alex

While Grandma reads to Ella and Helen

We attended our very first birthday party for a classmate - it was at Ollie Koala's which is like a Chuck E. Cheese. Alex never made it past the food. Here's Helen and I with Alex on my lap (and a plate of food in front of him that you cannot see). Ella is off with Cecil climbing on every jungle gym contraption that she can find.

Ella and Alex riding in the plane. Helen walked up, took one look at the moving rides and said "No" and shook her head and just walked away. That's my girl! We'll be sittting on the bench together at all the amusement parks reading our books while Ella, Alex, and Daddy ride all the rides!

Mommy is trying to figure out how to put more money in the ride to make it go again

Alex and Ella loved the Tonka Truck too

Helen had more fun with the games, especially when she learned that they spit out tickets. She hoarded all of the tickets and had them clutched in her hands in a tight fist - even though she had no idea what she could do with them.

Daddy helps Alex and Helen play a game

No comments: