I thought Ella was never going to drink out of that cup. I don't know how much milk we wasted for a week trying to get her to drink it. I will be glad when she can talk so she can just tell me that she wanted the grown up cup to drink her milk instead of me trying dozens of different things to guess what was going to make her drink it. Thank goodness we cleared that hurdle though - now they are all drinking regular milk - it is so much cheaper than the formula!
Helen and Alex are taking more steps. They can go 5 or 6 steps now without falling. Probably won't be too long before all three are toddling around. It is so cute to watch them walk - it is funny to see how easily Ella walks around when she is so tiny and looks like she should still be crawling. Alex finally figured out how to clap the other day. So now when I say clap clap clap, he actually claps! Small progress but it is good.
I can really see their brains soaking up so much information. I have to be careful about what I say and do now because they are starting to imitate little mannerisms that I did not even realize I do. When Helen coughs, she pats her chest. Probably because that's exactly what I do when I cough!
The time outs are being met with mixed results. The other day Alex and Helen landed in the time out pack-n-play at the same time. Well, to them it was time for a wrestling match. So they were rolling around wrestling and having a great time. Not exactly a meaningful time out but at least they were getting along and having fun!
The fun never ends and while they are getting more curious and more into things, they are also listening more too. The other morning I walked downstairs with both of the girls. I put Ella down and told her to walk to her chair. I carried Helen in and after I had strapped her in I turned around and there was Ella standing right by her chair waiting for me. Who knew they would actually listen to me?? I better enjoy it while I can :)
No comments:
Post a Comment